What: Urban Peak’s Night Out to End Youth Homelessness
When: Thursday, November 9th, 2017
Where: First United Methodist Church of Colorado Springs, Event Partner and Host
420 N. Nevada Avenue, Downtown Colorado Springs
How to Participate:
- Sign up here to create your customized fundraising page OR to donate to a fundraiser or team
- Reach out to your family, friends, peers, and coworkers to raise awareness and support for Urban Peak
- Sleep outside with us on November 9th at First United Methodist downtown. Yes, it may be cold outside. November is National Runaway & Homeless Youth month, and your Night Out will bring more youth inside safe shelter this winter.
- Adults and young people (minimum age 14) can spend the night at Night Out.
- Adults are challenged to raise $1,000 or more
- Student or student groups of ages 14 – 21 are challenged to raise $250 or more
- Students under the age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- What to bring to the event:
- No tents, please
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat or pad
- Tarp or other covering for your sleeping bag (no tent)
- Dress very warmly – gloves, hat, thick socks
- The First United Methodist Church is allowing access to their restrooms and main hall for emergencies
The Night Out Sleeper Packet has information on how to set up a fundraising page, how to get the word out, how to dress for the Night Out, and more.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Julian McGinn, Volunteer and Development Coordinator if you have any questions
719-630-3223 ext. 2827