“Being homeless I felt depressed, ashamed and alone. I didn’t even want to shower. I had holes in my shoes and blisters on my feet from walking all night.” ~ Garrett
On Colorado Gives Day, we invite you to be uncomfortable, be vulnerable and be judged. Stand out for one day and stand up for the youth we serve who have nothing. Throughout the day on Colorado Gives Day, Tuesday December 8th 2015, #inourshoes will tell the story of the youth who are accessing our services and working towards self-sufficiency.
Youth experiencing homelessness are constantly discriminated against for their appearance and little sympathy for where they came from or what they are going through.
Join Urban Peak on Colorado Gives Day – Tuesday, December 8, 2015 – to be #inourshoes
“I was released from a behavioral health facility. I felt odd, unaccepted, and unworthy of being accepted. I woke up to the reality I had nowhere to go and one that wanted me.” ~ John
Get #inourshoes for Colorado Gives Day 2015:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn how Urban Peak supports homeless youth through our Outreach, Drop-In Center, Shelter, Supportive Housing and Education & Employment services.
- Snap a shoeless selfie. Share your experience being without shoes for a day. Tag and challenge your friends to do the same thing then post it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Tag @Urban Peak using #inourshoes
- Donate the cost of a new pair of shoes to Urban Peak Denver at www.coloradogives.org
- Drop off a pair of new or gently used shoes that we can give to youth in need. We will also gladly accept, pants, gloves, hats, boxers, hand warmers and blankets on 12.08.15 Colorado Gives Day at Urban Peak’s Administrative Offices located at 730 21st Street, Denver, CO, 80205
What is Colorado Gives Day? An annual state-wide movement to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Colorado through online giving. For the fifth consecutive year, Community First Foundation and FirstBank are partnering to present Colorado Gives Day on Tuesday, December 8, 2015.
How to Donate: www.ColoradoGives.org is the official online donation website for Colorado Gives Day; your donation will be boosted by the $1 Million Incentive Fund and count towards prizes for Urban Peak.
How do I schedule* my Colorado Gives Day donations?
- Click Here or search for Urban Peak Denver on www.ColoradoGives.org
- Click the orange “Donate” button on our search result listing.
- Enter the amount you want to donate.
- Under Donation Type, choose the button “CO GIVES DAY”. Enter the details of your donation, and click “Add to Cart.”
- Check out by logging in or creating a donor account, entering your payment information, and then pressing submit. You will need to click the “CO GIVES DAY” button for the donation you want to schedule for Colorado Gives Day.
* – You can schedule a donation in advance starting November 1, 2015
Learn more about Colorado Gives Day here.