What: Urban Peak’s Night Out to End Youth Homelessness
When: November 7 – 8, 2019
Where: First United Methodist Church of Colorado Springs, Event Partner and Host
420 N. Nevada Avenue, Downtown Colorado Springs
How to Participate:
- Our fundraising page will be up and running later this winter.
- Reach out to your family, friends, peers, and coworkers to raise awareness and support for Urban Peak
- Sleep outside with us in November at First United Methodist downtown. Yes, it may be cold outside. November is National Runaway & Homeless Youth month, and your Night Out will bring more youth inside safe shelter this winter.
- Adults and young people (minimum age 14) can spend the night at Night Out.
- Adults are challenged to raise $1,000 or more
- Student or student groups of ages 14 – 21 are challenged to raise $250 or more
- Students under the age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- What to bring to the event:
- No tents, please
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat or pad
- Tarp or other covering for your sleeping bag (no tent)
- Dress very warmly – gloves, hat, thick socks
- The First United Methodist Church is allowing access to their restrooms and main hall for emergencies
When it gets published, the Table Captain packet will have information on how to set up a fundraising page, how to get the word out, how to dress for the Night Out, and more.
Please contact Juniper McGinn, Volunteer Manager at [email protected] or (719) 338-9257 if you have any other questions