What: Urban Peak’s Night Out to End Youth Homelessness
When: November 7 – 8, 2019
Where: First United Methodist Church of Colorado Springs, Event Partner and Host
420 N. Nevada Avenue, Downtown Colorado Springs
How to Participate:
- Our fundraising page will be up and running later this winter.
- Reach out to your family, friends, peers, and coworkers to raise awareness and support for Urban Peak
- Sleep outside with us in November at First United Methodist downtown. Yes, it may be cold outside. November is National Runaway & Homeless Youth month, and your Night Out will bring more youth inside safe shelter this winter.
- Adults and young people (minimum age 14) can spend the night at Night Out.
- Adults are challenged to raise $1,000 or more
- Student or student groups of ages 14 – 21 are challenged to raise $250 or more
- Students under the age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- What to bring to the event:
- No tents, please
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat or pad
- Tarp or other covering for your sleeping bag (no tent)
- Dress very warmly – gloves, hat, thick socks
- The First United Methodist Church is allowing access to their restrooms and main hall for emergencies
The Night Out Sleeper Packet has information on how to set up a fundraising page, how to get the word out, how to dress for the Night Out, and more.
Please contact Juniper McGinn, Volunteer Manager at [email protected] or (719) 338-9257 if you have any other questions