Ways to get involved
If you do not wish to complete the shelter volunteer application
- Event support
- Check out more about our signature fundraising events here – we always need your help in supporting our fundraising efforts.
- Food and supplies drives
- Hate seeing good stuff go to waste? We are always in need of nonperishable food, clothes, and other items. We would very much appreciate your support through a food or clothing drive! Check out our current in-kind needs.
- Service projects
- Do you enjoy gardening or urban farming? Spring, summer, and fall we need help with landscaping, revitalizing our raised garden beds, and more!
If you complete the shelter volunteer application
- Front desk support
- Help direct clients to services during regular business hours by serving at our front desk! We are looking for volunteers who can lend an ear to clients in need and connect them to staff who can help. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to a regular weekly or every- other- week shift.
- Do you enjoy the culinary arts; have a favorite recipe or two? We have the job for you. We serve 20 youth three meals per day, 365 days per year. If you have two spare hours per month and like to eat consider preparing a meal for our youth. You can either bring your own groceries or get creative with what we have in our kitchen! This is our greatest need at this time and we would LOVE your help.
- Classes/ Tutoring
- Like to teach? Share a skill? Create art? During the cold winter months our shelter is open during the day and youth would love to be taught creative writing, paint, create crafts, the arts provide an endless means to have youth connect to their creative side.