While studying with us in our Education department, we expect you to:
- Show your commitment by attending consistently and working to the best of your ability.
- Attend class 3-4 days a week for 2-3 hours/day.
- Treat your peers, staff, and this space with respect. Any comments that attack or discriminate against an individual or group are unacceptable.
- Communicate with staff when you are thriving or struggling in any area and if you have any ideas as to how staff can help you be more successful in your learning. Please communicate any issues or disagreements with staff in a professional manner.
- Sign in to the classroom with your name, date, and time on the sign-in clipboard and sign out with the time when you leave.
- Limit your breaks to 10-15 minutes for every two hours of studying.
- Keep your language clean and appropriate.
- Respect that computers are only used for GED-related activities.
- Dress appropriately. Appropriate dress means that clothing have appropriate coverage and be free of gang and drug references and inappropriate language.
Our classroom policies include:
- Asking any individual who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or has a distinct odor of alcohol or drugs to leave the classroom for the day.
- Requiring that our space is used to access Urban Peak services and is not a place for friends/family members to wait in the classroom while the person they are with is studying.
- We unfortunately do not have the space to allow children in the classroom on a regular basis. We are more than willing to work with individuals who have trouble finding childcare to figure out a plan to best help them succeed in our program. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis—please see contact an education staff member should any questions arise.