Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Urban Peak!
Choose a link below for more information and to sign-up to volunteer!
Serve a Meal
We serve approximately 100 meals per month between our Drop-In Center (downtown) and Shelter location (off South Broadway).
This opportunity is appropriate for groups of 2 to 6 individuals. **Due to safety, we require at least two individuals per meal group.
Please note the minimum age to volunteer at the Drop-In Center downtown is 18 and the minimum age to volunteer at the Shelter is 12.
Breakfast is served at our Drop-In Center Monday – Friday.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served at our Shelter 7 days a week (with the exception of lunch on Wednesday).
Individual Volunteers (updated as of July 2019)
We have a limited number of volunteer opportunities throughout the year for individuals to get involved, on a longer-term, ongoing basis. These opportunities can include GED tutoring, class offerings (such as yoga or art) or administrative support. Our current individual volunteer opportunities are:
- Park Burger Charity Golf Tournament benefiting Urban Peak – Friday, August 16, 2019.
- Peak Thrift volunteers – various times, various hours.
- Landscaping volunteers – various times, various hours, various locations in Denver.
- Employment volunteers – once a month/varying weekday and daytime hours.
- Education Tutors – Mondays 1:30-3:00pm; Tuesdays 1:30-5:00pm; Thursdays 1:30-4:00pm; Fridays 1:30-5:00pm (ideally 1.5 to 2 hour volunteer shifts).
We require at least a 6 month commitment for these opportunities and a $42 background check fee.
For more information contact the Community Engagement Officer, Tamar Berner at 303.974.2954 or [email protected].
*Urban Peak cannot accommodate court ordered community service due to staffing restraints.